Saturday, September 12, 2015

My 7 Morning Essential Acts


 I used to dread mornings.  Maybe because it was always rushed and I never did the typical morning rituals.  When I say typical it means going outside with my robe on and picking up the morning paper, basking in the sun, waving to that neighbor backing out of his driveway, while holding that steaming cup of coffee.  I'm half kidding about that one ha ha.  Or maybe the other typical routine of turning on the morning News, while making instant oatmeal and packing my bag for the day. 

Okay, I realize these are very generalized routines or maybe some of your routines!  Good for you!  ::Fist bump::

I love my mornings (now) and appreciate the quietness it brings.  Sometimes its not all that quiet and there's craziness all around. And sometimes its the noise inside my head that needs to be hushed.   
 Here is what  I do to keep my mornings:

1.
Commit the day to the Lord in prayer.  

2.
Open my window and let the sleep out.

3.
Oil Pull

4.
Make my bed.

5.
Drink water (I keep a bottle right next to my bed).

6.
Drink warm lemon water while the coffee is brewing.

7.
Turn on Pandora (Hillsong Young and Free /Jonathan Thulin)

These are my essential acts in the morning to get my day started on the right, or should I say, correct foot! I know we all have our rituals and quirks, its fun to share and learn about other people's.  Tell me some of yours!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment