Monday, September 21, 2015

Easy Breakfast or Snack, on Toast


This is my new favorite breakfast creation!  Before I tell you what this goodness is made of, let me just say I found an Everyday Rachael Ray magazine with a picture of my toast breakfast on the cover!!  Another reason why I love Rachael Ray....been a fan since she started on 30 Minute Meals and $40-a-Day.  But I digress.


 This recipe is similar to the "My Version of Breakfast Cereal" post on Instagram.  
 Shameless plug: if you don't follow me yet, you should now ha ha ha @jeanine.faith 

I've been on the high protein kick and thought it fueled my mornings well.  It still does, but I 've also been craving carbs and crunch.  So hi-ho-hi-ho I went to Trader Joes!  I found their Chia Seed, Millet, and Flaxseed Bread and I lovvvvve it!  Seriously it toasts really well and stays crunchy with all the toppings I put!  No stale bread syndrome nor soggy sag in the middle toast here!  
I'm a a roll here...hahahaha.  

 

What's on the plate:
- Trader Joe's toast
- 1/2 smashed avocado
- sprinkle of garlic and sea salt
- 1 boiled egg, cook a batch for the week to save time
- halved cherry tomatoes
- crumbled Gorgonzola, Feta is another option

Eat one to two slices of these babies and you'll have a fueled morning of good carbs, protein, and fats.  I felt the difference all the way to lunch, I had a steady stream of energy and wasn't craving random things to munch on.  I still can't believe I found a bread good enough to blog about as well as excited to have every.......other morning =).  Variety folks...variety. 

Happy eating!  
More recipes to come,
 Jeanine      
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment