Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Embrace Your Face

"You have a crooked face!"  It was me who told myself that.  In this #selfie world it's more difficult NOT to see what else is wrong with us.

Yet...this rings true... 

 >>>"You learn to embrace your imperfections."  Yes, that's what I heard women say while growing up.  I have had a great set of women (and men) who have influenced me.  God is so good.  He continues to answer my prayers, bringing the kinds of people I need in my life at the right moment.  Sometimes, He even brings them when I least expect it, and its a greater blessing!

Back to the quote.  I never understood what it meant.  How do you embrace what you have when all you want is what the other person has?  I've always wanted to be taller.  I'm never going to be permanently taller!  Unless I get surgery to lengthen my limbs.  I wanted lighter skin, won't happen!  I love being outdoors too much and skin bleaching looks like it would hurt.  What I'm trying to say is, I'm now learning to embrace what I have and how I have it.  

 Don't confuse me with not striving to be more healthy, strong, and fit.  I think everyone should strive for that.  The byproduct of it is confidence!  You learn you're more capable of what you give yourself credit for!  You experience strength you thought couldn't come out of you.  When you think can't, look a few feet ahead and press on!  I say these things because I've experienced it and want you to know you can have the same, and even greater!   

 For whom ever is reading this, I don't know what you're going through or where you have been.  I talk about outward appearance in this post, but my goal is to touch your heart.  To tell you, you have so much to offer this world.  You are worth more than silver or gold, more precious than diamonds.  There is beauty in perfection, but there's greater beauty in things flawed made into something unique.  You are that, unique.  You have a story no one else can tell and are loved more than you know.  
(By the way, diamonds are flawed too.  Its the artist who cuts and shapes it into something beautiful and unique.)

Feel the love, 
-Jeanine



No comments:

Post a Comment