Monday, March 16, 2015

Coconut Coffee Scrub

If you have not noticed, I like to enjoy my mornings as much as possible.  Getting my day started right is important to me. (Or feeling relaxed before bed).  Getting it right includes the fresh smell of coffee, followed by a shower.  So, what did I do to make those work in sync with each other?  Make a coffee scrub!  





Since it's warming up around here I thought it was time to get my skin summer ready.  
Family from the Philippines gave us a box full of virgin coconut oil to bring back to the states,  and I...obvisously...had coffee grounds, so I did not have to go out and buy anything.
I melted the oil and mixed about 10-12 tablespoons of grounds in a bowl.

The first time I made this scrub was a few years ago, when Pintrest and Instagram was not yet the norm.  I learned about it through reading an article in Real Simple magazine, a long time ago.  Does anyone still flip through actual pages rather than scrolling down a screen?  (Those were the days...ha ha ha).   


I put it in a glass container and set it in the freezer.  You do not have to put in the freezer, I just wanted to solidify mine.  I was reminded of science class and density when I opened the lid.  It actually worked out because I am able to break it into pieces and rub it onto my body without the majority falling to the tub floor.  (Think of a bar of soap.)  

I love using it on my stretch marks and surgery scars, it's seems to lighten them!  I love how my skin feels and it smells DEEEEVINNE haha!  No need for after shower lotion either!  


Happy scrubbing!
Jeanine 



No comments:

Post a Comment