Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Welcome, To Something New

Hi!  This introduction is going to be a simple casual one.  I hope this is the first of many, and I mean many posts.  Let me start by introducing myself, my name is Jeanine Legarda and decided today, to start something new.  I have recently moved back home from living in Las Vegas and that in itself is something new.  Coming back home holds a lot of challenges, as does leaving home, but I have decided to not look back and take life's challenges as they come- 2015, let's do this.

This blog will feature all things healthy.  Now, what I deem healthy may not be the same for you.  I happen to think smiling and acting silly is part of a healthy lifestyle, I really hope you could agree.  If we can agree on that, then we should not have a problem!  =)  Nevertheless, I will do my part in providing proper information to help motivate and influence you as well.

While living in Vegas I discovered how much I enjoyed doing Yoga and Pilates, especially Hot Yoga/Pilates.  That means, these training sessions are done in temperatures of 100+ degrees and 40% humidity.  In the nine months living there I felt physically fit, strong, and light!  I am a "bite sized" (that means 5' 113 lbs.) girl and with a small frame like mine, I am able to feel subtle changes…good and bad…allll of it. =)
 Living on my own was great because I was in total control of my food and exercised whenever I wanted.  Working as a Preschool teacher helped largely too.  I was constantly moving; bending, squatting, kneeling, walking, standing……talking….if you are a teacher of little people or have little ones you know.  Now, being back home I am not as active as I want to be.  Life happens.  Period.  But I do not want that to be my excuse to not live the healthy lifestyle I know I am capable of.

My main goal is to get back and go beyond where I was nine months ago.  This includes my physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and relational growth.  I commit this new adventure in prayer and am excited for what God is going to do.  I meditate on Him and this is my year's verse:
"For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago."  Ephesians 2:10

Look out for pictures on Instagram!  User: Cut The Shed

1 comment:

  1. Great verse! I'm excited 😆 hot yoga and Pilates sounds scary heheh😜

    ReplyDelete